Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Love is ................

What is it that makes a day look brighter when you feel loved?
I am loved. What a warm and fuzzy feeling I have! And I wonder why I didn't feel it before.
I AM LOVED. I want to shout it out loud!

What is love? And what does it have to do with D/s?
Poets have defined love since the dawn of time. Well, they have tried. We have a lot of words we can use, a lot poems and stories to illustrate but it still somehow leaves one wanting.

Love is intangible, therefore trying to define it puts unwanted limits on it. It just is.

Look instead at the feeling you have, and that will help you. Feelings too, are hard to describe, but face it, you have a better chance at describing a feeling than describing love.

I am loved. Every thought begins with those words. Not consciously. But it colors the way I think, the way I relate to people, the way I choose to react. So it is there before each thought.

I am loved. I am safe. Again, those words run in the background of all I do and say. I FEEL protected and nurtured. I FEEL like there is a barrier between me and the "bad" things.

I am loved. I am safe. I am precious. Every thought is built from these words. I FEEL special and beautiful. No matter what I see in the mirror, or what someone tells me. I am special. I do not need anyone else to validate that.

The feeling is new to me. I never had it before. Oh I thought I did. But this is unique. I can use the word I. My thoughts, my needs, my wants are important. I am important.
Does He know He makes me feel that way? Yes, He does. I tell him and He sees it in me. He likes what He sees and rejoices in it. Is that not what a Master does?

1 comment:

  1. I relate and understand how you feel so much. Love is so powerful and liberating - particularly after the darkness that so often precedes it. I am so happy that you feel it now for yourself.

    ReplyDelete